Friday, August 28, 2009

Ice cubes

I have the best time talking to my daughter. We can make up stuff on the fly and have long discussions about what things are saying to each other. For example, what the toaster is saying to the bread, what two birds are saying to each other on a telephone pole or what two trees think when their branches touch. Whenever I take her to school I make sure the radio is off because anything we talk about is way better then what the morning breakfast club has to say. Today I would like to tell you the 11.73 things ice cubes are thinking or saying as they are melting. (A portion of this was taken from a conversation my daughter and I had over the summer.)

1. Do I look thinner? I feel thinner. No, really, am I getting smaller or is it my imagination? I swear I feel like I’m getting thinner. This belt didn’t fit me earlier but now it does.
2. I think later today I am going to see a doctor, I feel kind of warm.
3. Man, I thought being separated in that blue tray was bad, this stinks standing on Eddie’s head.
4. I remember my water days, things weren’t so bad. I’m looking forward to going back to them.
5. Keep it together, keep it together, keep it together. This is not a time to be thinking crazy.
6. God, if you are up there and can get me out of this heat, I promise I will never insult those light weight meals I as sitting next to again…ever.
7. I wonder if any fictional Witch like character from a movie released in 1939 ever went through anything this bad.
8. If I can get one person to step on me and fall, I will feel like I didn’t live my life in vein.
9. I’m telling you I know I’m getting thinner. Just look at me, I LOOK THINNER!
10. I know my brother was carved into a swan, eagle or something noble like that but sitting here in this Margarita is the only way to go.
11. Must….write….note…before…I….go. Can’t….leave….small… puddle….like…Derick….did…
11.73. Look at me, I am really getting thi….

1 comment:

  1. You are seriously hysterical! I love your mushy funny brain!!

    ReplyDelete